Smiles Back, Short Story

When i was young , i was told that the moon had a face whenever you look at it and smile ,it smiles back.. Since then,whenever i looked at the moon i saw that white ball smiling at me , i felt happy ,and i smile harder and harder, i felt it smiles harder when i do. now i have a friend that always smile at me ,that always follow me in darkness, whenever i stare at i start day dreaming.when i get upset i run to the window to see my friend smiling to comfort me and i smile back.
One day,my science teacher gave us a telescope to see that smiley face in details , i was excited,then looking at it through the telescope ,i didn't find that smiley face i used to see, i only saw a surface full of rocks. I knew the truth , the moon was only a source of light at night,a surface full of rocks,but not my friend . I knew he can't really be my friend.yes i was upset. But i will never forget my childhood friend. And i will always look to the moon(my friend) whenever i want to remember the good days..  Im old now and still cant find a better friend than the moon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeeto Pakistan Passes For Ramdan shows

LAMP GENIE

زنا کیا ہے؟ ?what is zinna