IGNORE , Short Story


It is the first time I see her speaking with someone. She is on the other side of the student life room with one of my friends. They share a laughter as I approach, and it seems like they enjoy their moment. I greet my friend and I say “Hi” to the Miss. I realize that I will be late for the bus so I give a quick hug to my friend and say goodbye to the Miss.

The next day, I am sitting on a couch in the corridor, waiting for my next class. Here she comes, walking in my direction. Her class is next to my class, so she sits and waits. “Hi” I greet her. She says nothing. May be she didn't hear. I stand up as my professor opens the door, and move to my class.

I don’t really know. “Did she hear and ignore me, or didn't she hear my salutation?” I ask myself.

The class is over. It was an interesting session, but I am very tired. Heading towards the bus station, I can see her walking to-and-fro the bus stop. “So she also takes the bus?” I ask myself. May be this time, she will hear my salutation. When I reach the bus stop, I say with a loud voice “Good Afternoon.” Now it is confirmed, I know she won’t reply.

Two weeks later, I am in the Math center, helping some students with their homework. She comes, passes by, and sits down. Miss is really silent. I can notice she has a problem, she needs help, but won’t call the Math tutor. Then she raises her hand and makes a sign to call the tutor. Why can’t she just say “Excuse me, sir?” I ask myself. Here my friend comes, she greets me and I greet her back. “Can you please help my friend?” my friend asks. “Sure, I will.” I replied. “Thanks, and please be patient with her; she is deaf.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeeto Pakistan Passes For Ramdan shows

LAMP GENIE

زنا کیا ہے؟ ?what is zinna